A Look at What Blepharoplasty is Really About
- Posted on: Oct 15 2019
Eyelid rejuvenation has become a popular path taken by men and women in their forties and beyond. This procedure provides the lift that many people need to refresh their entire face. Although blepharoplasty is an eyelid procedure, research suggests that patients who undergo this procedure ultimately feel more confident in their appearance overall.
Just because blepharoplasty is a meaningful and popular procedure doesn’t mean there aren’t misconceptions about what it can and cannot do. We want to point out a few truths to help you understand the nature of this cosmetic surgery.
- You can see great results with minimal effort. One misconception about blepharoplasty is that it is necessary to treat both the upper and lower eyelids to see dramatic results. The truth is that many patients need only one or the other, and beautifully reinstate a more youthful appearance through the appropriate upper or lower blepharoplasty procedure.
- Your insurance might just cover your procedure. Generally, blepharoplasty is categorized as an elective cosmetic procedure. However, this surgery may be deemed medically necessary if vision has been disrupted by loose skin hanging over the eye.
- Scars are typically invisible. Blepharoplasty is performed through small incisions, which means there may be scarring after recovery. Lower blepharoplasty may involve incisions inside the lower lid, which would mean no visible scarring. Upper blepharoplasty scars may be hidden in the crease of the lid or at the lash line. The risk of scarring is also minimized with strict adherence to post-surgical instructions.
- Blepharoplasty is one of the leading procedures for men. Eyelid rejuvenation is a top-ranking procedure among both men and women due to the way this surgery refreshes the face and eliminate that tired, bored appearance.
- Crow’s feet won’t go away after blepharoplasty. There is a lot that blepharoplasty can do, but one thing it does not do is eliminate the tiny wrinkles at the corner of the eyes. After eyelid rejuvenation, it is possible to improve appearance further with treatment like Botox for crow’s feet and drooping brows.
Bring new life into your face with eyelid rejuvenation. Learn more by scheduling a consultation in our Claremont California office. Call 909.608.7770.
Posted in: Facial Surgery